Tuesday 5 January 2016

Morphean Highlanders Heavy Weapons Squad WIP

Well, I hope everyone had a nice and productive Christmas and new year. I myself binged on too much chocolate and cracked a tooth (they are not related incidents, trust me). But as I said, I'd be more productive after the new year and I have.

After a trip to my 'local' hobby store (I stress local since my position in Wales puts me pretty far away from any official GW store or hobby stockist outside of using the internet), I came home with the Cadian Shock Troops Heavy Weapons Squad.
So I got to work (don't mind the camera quality. I took the photos with my phone):

First up is the first crewman for heavy bolter crew one. He's made using a mix of parts from Victoria Lamb (the kilted legs and the lasgun barrel), Forge World bits (the arms) and standard GW parts (the body and the ammo case in his hand).

Secondly is the heavy bolter herself. Almost a standard fair with this, except for the inclusion of a box from the Italeri Modern Battle Accessories box and metal sandbags from The Assault Group to help beef up the base. I plan to have the whole model look like it's being used in the middle of a pitched battle, so I plan to include a fair bit of battle detritus, but not too much so I don't overburden the model. Maybe just a few 'empty' ammo boxes.

So that's it for now. See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment