Saturday 21 October 2017

Frostgrave Chaos Cultist

Now, I know that I'm not alone in the wide world of wargaming to think when the Frostgrave Cultists were released that they'd make brilliant Chaos Cultists.

I bought one of the single frames from North Star a little while back for a Game of Thrones project I'm working on (that will appear later on, trust me), but I only used two of the bodies, so that left me with three left over bodies, and I also had a box of Cadian Shock Troops lying around too, so I put two and two together.

Sizewise, the Cultist bodies are close enough in scale to the Cadian bodies, although the body I chose is a bit lower because of his posing. The arms fit up nicely to create a nice dynamic pose for him. The body is plain enough that you can really paint the clothing as belonging to nearly any sort of environment/group/whatever you can think of, and I do like the capirote since it will always have that unknowable vibe to it. If I had planned it better in advance (or had more money earlier in the year), I would have ordered some of the heads from tabletop-art.de with the gasmasks. Hindsight, eh?

If I do any more, I'll either use the arms from the Genestealer cultists kits, or the arms and guns from the Renegade Militia Weapons kit, or the arms and guns from Victoria Miniatures or Mad Robot Miniatures to create a seriously disparate force.

My only real critique, and it's mainly because of my own folly, is that I could only attach the ammo pouches and grenade to the model instead of them and the other accouterments I had in mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment